Thursday, October 21, 2010
like magic
There's been a poo stain on the carpet in our bedroom for, well, a while now. Baby poo (thankfully) courtesy of Bear. So you know how you can hang baby poo stained clothes outside in the sun to dry after washing and the stain magically disappears? I was wondering how I could make that happen for this stain on the carpet. The sun comes in the window nearby, but not in the right spot...so I thought about that science experiment from long ago with the mirror. I wet the stain, got out a hand mirror, stood in front of the window, then bent the sun beam to where it hit the stain. Stood there for about 15 minutes holding perfectly still (not an easy task - but fine with the help of my trusty iPhone to curb my boredom). Wa-la! Like magic - no more stain! Or at least it's a lot lighter than it was - if I'd had more patience I'm sure it would be even better. Yay for natural ways to clean!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
did you think of this yourself? brilliant.
ReplyDeleteWhere is that stain? I can't find it! ;-D
ReplyDeleteI was waiting for you to say it burst into flames... hehe
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you, Bec, I don't think I've ever been called brilliant before! April, I thought about that, but I don't think it got hot enough...plus I wet the carpet so it would've had to dry AND get hot enough. :o)
ReplyDelete